Advantages of CELL O CON AAC Blocks
CELL O CON AAC Blocks from Methras are approximately 3 times lighter than conventional bricks and thus results in:
1. Savings in handling and transportation costs
2. Better earthquake resistance
3. Great savings in foundation and structural costs due to decrease in overall dead load
4. Possibility of additional floors on old structures
1. CELL O CON AAC blocks are seven times the size of traditional bricks. This results in substantial savings in Cement due to fewer joints compared to brick work and finished plaster work.
2. CELL O CON AAC blocks are factory finished with precise edges & shapes, this result in economical POP or Putty finish and much reduced plaster cost.
3. Due to light weight and low density, overall dead load reduces, thus saving structural steel consumption compared to conventional masonry.
4. There is increase in carpet area by 3 to 5% depending on design.
5. Operating cost savings can be realized through reduction in maintenance, energy bills and insurance.
6. Faster construction using aac blocks gives higher work productivity.
7. Cell O Con block covers greater area for the same mass of brick used thus saves on transportation costs and conserves precious fuel.
High Thermal Insulation
1. Due to the numerous micropores in CELL O CON AAC, it has a very low thermal conductivity and makes an excellent thermal insulation material.
2. It keeps interiors cooler in summer and warmer in winters.
3. Due to reduced cooling/heating loads, it reduces air conditioning/heating loads by as much as 25-30%.
4. Thus you can use a 2 ton AC in place of a 2.5 ton AC and save on the capital costs of the AC.
5. Due to reduced operational loads, it saves on electricity bills and conserves nation’s fuel and environment.
Moisture, Pest & Mold Resistant
CELL O CON AAC blocks have much lower water retention or capillary action compared to the conventional bricks. CELL O CON AAC blocks are also termite, pest, mold and fungus resistant and hence greatly improve the indoor air quality.
CELL O CON AAC Blocks have proven earthquake resistance due to its light weight and porous structure. The structure has millions of tiny cells which cushions buildings from major force, preventing progressive collapse. Thus it saves lives and response time for rescue operations during earthquake.
It is easy to install with precision. It can be sawn, drilled, nailed, grooved etc on site by Masons using simple working tools. Thus it saves on expensive labor cost as it does not require extra skillful and paid masons or hi-tech tools…
CELL O CON AAC uses the least amount of energy to produce than any other masonry building material. The manufacturing process is such that negligible gaseous, liquid or solid waste is released into the environment.
Moreover Fly Ash [a waste product during Thermal Power Generation) is the MAJOR raw material consisting 6O-7O% of the total weight.
Thermal Power plant waste is effectively used unlike brick manufacturing which degrades and erodes agricultural land, which is already a precious commodity in a highly populated agro based country like India.
Reduces Dead Load On Structure
Being lighter than conventional brick it reduces the dead load on the structure.